Saturday, August 24, 2019
It's been over 30 years since my last visit to Europe. Because I travel so much, people wonder why I waited so long to return. It's simple, I was waiting for:
- The reunification of Germany, so I could finally visit the east side.
- Widespread acceptance of credit cards, so I wouldn't have to carry around a bunch of cash in different currencies.
- The invention of smart phones with GPS tracking, so I wouldn't have to carry around maps and guidebooks.
- The formation of the European Union, so I could freely move from country to country without issue or question.
- The invention of digital photography so I wouldn't have to carry around a bunch of film or wait to get it all developed.
Seriously, I don't know why I waited so long but I will say that thanks to the above list (and no doubt countless other modern innovations) traveling like this has never been easier! Check an item off your bucket list.