Saturday, August 24, 2019

The Ease of Travel

It's been over 30 years since my last visit to Europe. Because I travel so much, people wonder why I waited so long to return. It's simple, I was waiting for:
  1. The reunification of Germany, so I could finally visit the east side.
  2. Widespread acceptance of credit cards, so I wouldn't have to carry around a bunch of cash in different currencies.
  3. The invention of smart phones with GPS tracking, so I wouldn't have to carry around maps and guidebooks.
  4. The formation of the European Union, so I could freely move from country to country without issue or question.
  5. The invention of digital photography so I wouldn't have to carry around a bunch of film or wait to get it all developed.

Seriously, I don't know why I waited so long but I will say that thanks to the above list (and no doubt countless other modern innovations) traveling like this has never been easier! Check an item off your bucket list.

No comments:

Post a Comment